mayseek life

thoughts...images...sensations...

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

overwhelmed...with out a cause




as i sit here in a more together place- i will recap the madness i experienced (at times) in response to studio fridays topic of "favorite color combinations". first i thought, how great -i have some real favorites. then as i spent the day noticing the combos that struck me - i started to spiral into some crazy place -an internal chattering of- which one do i like better? which do i choose? this one or that one? how many? which one is my favorite? etc.etc.etc. even now (a moment ago i thought i was together) i can feel the choices of which image can speak to this- starting the chatter again. so, what i am getting is this little prompt is helping me to understand a few different things...1) i am not my color choices( pretty basic-but i forget) 2) i change in my tastes from day to day(and that's a good thing!) 3) i can make a statement and it's good enough for any moment in time.4) i lost sight of the purpose (a joyful honoring of color)and want to remind myself more often of my intention .... and the lessons keep popping up as the day goes on.

3 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger la vie en rose said...

...you are also self-aware enough to know these things about your self and open enough to learn more...

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous n.b. said...

Thanks for being so honest! I often have similar moments of anxious fluster when asked to choose things. I eventually snap out of it and have a little laugh at myself. It is tricky, not taking things seriously at the same time as taking them seriously. I LOVE your gorgeous beads in shades of chartreuse and lime by the way...yum!

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Wenda said...

Oh Eileen, I hear you. I so often need to remind myself of the purpose of the exercise when I get caught up in getting something permanently right -- as if that were a possibility or even worth achieving if it was.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home