mayseek life

thoughts...images...sensations...

Sunday, November 05, 2006

i am (inter)connected


i am fortunate to have connected with wonderful people each time i have gone to penland, arrowmont, or peter's valley craft schools. every time i have met a teacher or fellow student and experienced significant relationships. this photo is from penland 2004, where i met deborah,andi and miriam. what fun and memories. how wonderful that deborah (from minnesota) just passed through town last week and stopped by for a visit! i am also in a very special woman's group that came together to continue the self exploration from a intensive weekend experience. that has been going on for close to 10 years. my family, my friends, my cousins in australia and my bloggers friends also come to mind. what i realized from this prompt (thanks nancy- this is a great one) is that i need a local group to connect with related to my art...i am somewhat isolated on a day to day basis. i will look to change this! see more connections at studio friday.

3 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger Sydney said...

How nice that you have been able to continue the friendships you made at the schools. I know what you mean about connecting to a local group though. This week's prompt made me realize the same thing.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger kerrip said...

Beautiful photo - what a wonderful place to be creative. While I find great encouragement from my online connections, there is nothing like a group - or even just one or two special friends, with whom to connect locally.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Anke said...

Enjoy your connections and make many more great ones!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home